Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A new year...a new hope

Happy new year 2009!

Another year gone by..I remember in the 1990's I used to wonder how the years would pass after 2000. It was a momentous year popularly known as Y2K with its share of pitfalls and hypes. Now almost a decade has passed since, I have grown older...(and wiser??!!) and time continues to fly.

Undoubtedly 2009 in the US is the year of Obama. How will he be? How will the african-american's react? A 1000 questions for which we will know the answers pretty soon!

The terror attacks in Mumbai will be the lasting memory that I have of 2008..Unfortunately, it is always that sad events seem to linger longer in the mind than more pleasant ones. I wonder what the reason could be! This was the year of the olympics - the 'Bolt' and the 'Phelps'. It was a great year in cricket for India with MSD showing his prowess. It was a year which just happened in the career of Sachin Tendulkar. Hmm..I wonder what he thinks of time.

With the recession continuing, I wonder what the future has in store for us. Our jobs seem secure at the moment but who knows whats in our destiny - which reminds me of 'Slumdog millionaire'. Finally a film on India that I could proudly classify as world class material. There was a standing ovation in the theatre in NY where we saw it.

Well..enough rambling for today! If you happen to read this and were patient enough to reach here, then I wish you a great 2009! May luck shine where your talent doesn't!

No comments: